Most Needed Items
Goodwill gratefully accepts donations that can be sold in its stores. The sale of donated items supports Goodwill’s mission to help people prepare for, find & retain employment.
PLEASE BOX OR BAG ALL DONATIONS IN LIFTABLE AMOUNTS.
- Small furniture
- Domestics (e.g., sheets, towels)
- Antiques, collectibles, jewelry
- Household items (e.g., dishes, housewares)
- CDs, records, tapes, DVDs
- Small electronics (e.g., radios, clocks, lamps)
- Accessories (e.g., handbags, belts, scarves)
- Computers, printers and monitors*
- Cars, trucks, boats, RVs and motorcycles**
*Goodwill has partnered with Dell to create RECONNECT, a free program for consumers and businesses to reuse and responsibly recycle unwanted computers and peripherals. Computers, printers, monitors, and more of any brand and condition are accepted. Learn more
**Call 1-800-549-2580 for information on donating.
This list is to be used as guidelines. There may be other items not listed that we can use in the stores or which must be turned down due to size, condition or suitability. Please refer any questions about Goodwill’s donation policy to the store manager or call (330) 724-6995.
Items We Cannot Accept
It’s hard to say “no thank you” to a donation. However, management does reserves the right to refuse any donation. We cannot accept certain items, including but not limited to:
- Large household appliances
- Stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water heaters
- Large electronic items that do not work
- TVs, microwave ovens, copy machines
- Building materials
- Carpet, shutters, doors, windows, toilets, lumber, concrete, bricks, stones
- Mattresses and box springs with stains or tears
- Goodwill does accept these items in good condition
- Upholstered couches and chairs that are torn, soiled or otherwise damaged
- Magazines and newspapers
- Televisions as follows:
- Large-console TVs & stereos
- Non-cable-ready TVs
- Broken/damaged TVs
- Black & white TVs
- Automobile parts
- Paint or chemicals of any kind
- Kerosene and gas heaters/appliances
- Propane tanks
- Electrical items with exposed wiring
- Weapons like firearms, ammunition, knives, etc.
- Fireworks, sparklers, etc.
- Gas-powered equipment (lawn mowers, etc.)
- Baby car seats
- Children’s items containing lead or phthalates
- Consumer Products Safety Commission recalled items