Most Needed Items
Goodwill gratefully accepts donations that can be sold in its stores. The sale of donated items supports Goodwill’s mission to help people prepare for, find & retain employment.
PLEASE BOX OR BAG ALL DONATIONS IN LIFTABLE AMOUNTS.
- Shoes and boots
- Handbags, scarves, belts, hats, gloves and mittens
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, sheets, towels and rugs
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen items, lamps and pictures
- Games, toys, assembled sports equipment, hangers
- Antiques, collectibles, jewelry and other giftware
- CDs, records, tapes, DVDs
- Small electronics: VCRs, DVD players, stereos, radios and clocks
- Small appliances in working order
- Small power tools and hand tools
- Furniture: dressers, tables, sofas, chairs, mattresses in good condition and bed frames (except water bed frames)
- Personal computers: monitors, hard drives, towers, mice, keyboards, printers and scanners*
- Cars, trucks, boats, RVs and motorcycles**
*Goodwill has partnered with Dell to create RECONNECT, a free program for consumers and businesses to reuse and responsibly recycle unwanted computers and peripherals. Computers, printers, monitors, and more of any brand and condition are accepted. Learn more
**Call 1-800-549-2580 for information on donating.
This list is to be used as guidelines. There may be other items not listed that we can use in the stores or which must be turned down due to size, condition or suitability. Please refer any questions about Goodwill’s donation policy to the store manager or call (330) 724-6995.
Items We Cannot Accept
It’s hard to say “no thank you” to a donation. However, management does reserves the right to refuse any donation. We cannot accept certain items, including but not limited to:
- Console televisions, larger floor model televisions and televisions without remotes, non-cable ready or not in working condition
- Large household appliances
- Stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water heaters
- Large electronic items that do not work
- TVs, microwave ovens, copy machines
- Upholstered furniture, mattresses and box springs with stains, tears or otherwise damaged
- Goodwill does accept these items in good condition
- Disassembled furniture, sports equipment or other disassembled items
- Baby car seats, cribs and swings
- Building materials
- Carpet, carpet padding, shutters, doors, windows, toilets, lumber, concrete, bricks, stones
- Magazines, newspapers and encyclopedias
- Automobile parts and tires
- Paint or chemicals of any kind
- Kerosene and gas heaters/appliances, propane tanks, oil lamps, lamp oil
- Electrical items with exposed wiring
- Weapons like firearms, ammunition, knives, etc.
- Fireworks, sparklers, etc.
- Gas-powered equipment (lawn mowers, gas cans with gas, etc.)
- Children’s items containing lead or phthalates
- Consumer Products Safety Commission recalled items
- Pianos, pool tables and hospital beds with mattresses in good condition are not accepted at Attended Donation Centers, but may be donated at retail locations only