Free Computer Recycling for Consumers & Businesses
Bring your unwanted technology – any brand, any condition – to Goodwill and with the Dell Reconnect partnership we’ll recycle the equipment, benefiting our community by putting people to work and diverting e-waste from landfills. This program provides a responsible and safe computer recycling service for consumers and businesses in Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland and Richland counties.
What you Need to Know:
- This program is absolutely free!
- Any brand computer in any condition is eligible for donation.
- You are responsible for removing data from your hard drive.
- Neither Dell nor Goodwill Industries takes any responsibility for your data.
- Donations may be tax deductible. Check with your tax advisor for more information about eligibility and how to value your donation.
Significance of Program to the Region
All proceeds of value recovered from the recycled computer equipment go to Goodwill to support job training and employment services programs.
What Happens to Donated Computer Equipment
Goodwill will accept and sort the donated computer equipment. The equipment will be responsibly recycled through Dell’s product recycling programs.
How to Recycle an Unwanted Computer
Customers may be able to deduct the value of the computer for tax purposes. Goodwill will provide donors with a donation receipt at the time of donation. Customers are encouraged to check with their tax advisors for more information.