Goodwill Industries of Akron
- Serves Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland, and Richland counties.
- Assisted 9,152 individuals in 2012 with training and job placement services.
- Provides job training services to people with disabilities through referrals from local school systems, the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR), County Boards of Developmental Disabilities (DD), the Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC), and many other agencies and community partners.
- Provides free job assistance to the general public through the Employment Resource Center by offering a job search center, career workshops and one-on-one assistance with job placement.*
- Is a partner at The Job Center, Summit County’s One Stop, working side-by-side with other agencies to provide easier access for participants.
- Operates 13 retail stores, an outlet store, and five stand-alone attended donation centers.
- Offers outsourcing to local companies in the areas of assembly, packaging, and customized projects and sews all of the safety vests for the Ohio Department of Transportation.
*Funded in Summit County by the Summit County Department of Job and Family Services through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
Take a Tour
Goodwill is changing people’s lives. To learn more about the workforce development services, contract services and retail operations at Goodwill, take a tour of our state-of-the-art facility. To schedule a tour, call (330) 724-6995 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.