Goodwill Industries of Akron
- Serves Summit, Portage, Medina, Ashland, and Richland counties.
- Assisted 8,691 individuals in 2015 with training and job placement services.
- Provides job training services to people with disabilities through referrals from local school systems, the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR), County Boards of Developmental Disabilities (DD), the Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC), and many other agencies and community partners.
- Provides free job assistance to the general public through career workshops and one-on-one assistance with job placement.*
- Operates 14 retail stores, an outlet store and boutique, and five stand-alone attended donation centers.
- Offers outsourcing to local companies in the areas of assembly, packaging, and customized projects and sews all of the safety vests for the Ohio Department of Transportation.
*Funded in Summit County by the Summit County Department of Job and Family Services through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
Take a Tour
Goodwill is changing people’s lives. To learn more about the workforce development services, contract services and retail operations at Goodwill, take a tour of our facility. To schedule a tour, call (330) 724-6995 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.