On April 12th, on behalf of BJ’s Charitable Foundation, representatives of BJ’s Wholesale Club presented a $5,000 Grant to Goodwill in support of the Elizabeth Clark Emergency Fund!
The Elizabeth Clark Emergency Fund was established to be a general emergency fund and today is utilized in collaboration with other organizations to help address the emergency needs of individuals and families. This is a fund of last resort and is limited to assistance with obtaining clothing, furniture and household items at any of Goodwill Industries of Akron’s retail stores.
The funds are available to individuals who meet established criteria set forth by the program. Eligible individuals include those who are not financially able to secure things such as clothing, furniture and household items for themselves. Hardship, emergency situations and unforeseen circumstances are considered when a determination is made. The determination of whether an individual warrants access to the fund is made through an exploratory interview regarding their financial need and situation.
Individuals seeking this assistance must contact an agency listed below:
- Summit County – InfoLine – 330-376-6660 or 2-1-1
- Portage County – 2-1-1 (Referral Agency Needed)
- Medina County – 2-1-1 (Referral Agency Needed)
- Ashland County – Salvation Army (Croc Center) – 419-281-8001
- Richland County – Information Line – 419-522-4636
The Elizabeth Clark Emergency Fund is generously funded by:
- The Henry V. and Frances W. Christenson Foundation
- The Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation
- The Mary and Dr. George L. Demetros Charitable Trust
- Dominion Foundation
- Robert O. & Annamae Orr Family Foundation
- Sisler McFawn Foundation
- Portage County Foundation
- The Welty Family Foundation
- Proceeds from the Employee of Distinction Luncheon
- Generous individuals from the community